Solidatus for DCAM
EDM Council, the cross-industry trade association for data management, has partnered with Solidatus, the leading data lineage and business relationship modeling solution, to provide EDM Council members with a DCAM (Data Management Capability Assessment Model) Knowledge Modeling tool.
The models enable data professionals and their organisations to more effectively manage their data supply chain and conform with regulatory, data privacy and other business process requirements. Consequently, this enables companies to deliver their data management capability roadmap while accelerating value delivery from their data assets.
Digitisation of DCAM
DCAM version control
Solidatus for EDMC members
Solidatus Lite is exclusively available to EDM Council members, who can access a read-only version of the Solidatus DCAM models and platform.
EDM Council members have exclusive access to constantly updated and maintained digital models created by the EDM Council in Solidatus. These models include:
- BCBS 239 Knowledge Model
- GDPR Knowledge Model
- DCAM v2.1 Mapped to DCAM v1.3
- DCAM v2.1 Master Model
- DCAM v1.3 Master Model
- DCAM v2 New Concepts Master Model
- DCAM Forward Capability (Capability Level and Sub-Capability Level)
- DCAM Backward Capability (Capability Level and Sub-Capability Level)
BCBS 239 Knowledge Model – Launched in May 2020, the EDM Council published the DCAM BCBS 239 Knowledge Model. It provides an analysis of the alignment of the DCAM Data Management Capabilities to the requirements for data management necessary to comply with the BCBS 239 Principles.
GDPR Knowledge Model – Launched in April 2020, the EDM Council published the DCAM GDPR Knowledge Model. A full GDPR requirements analysis with data and Data Management Impacts, requirements, and DCAM Framework alignment.
As a member of the EDM Council, Solidatus Pro is now available to members at an exclusive discount rate. Solidatus Pro allows organisations to author their own models and measure the impact of regulation and how it will affect their organisation.
Solidatus Pro enables data professionals to:
- Efficiently migrate their organisational assessment data from DCAM v1.3 to v2.1
- Directly model regulatory obligations such as BCBS-239, CCAR and GDPR onto their organisations’ systems, providing evidenced data lineage
- Implement metadata management, data governance, data lineage and data quality to increase organisational data capabilities
Contact us today to learn more about Solidatus Pro.
Comply with BcBs 239 Principles
The advanced modeling capabilities of Solidatus allows organisations to understand how to align the DCAM Data Management Capabilities to the requirements for data management necessary to comply with the BCBS 239 Principles.
Providing organisational gap analysis against each of the nine BCBS 239 principles that have requirements for Data Management.
GDPR: The Role of Data Management
Solidatus allow organisations to create understanding of the regulation and the role of the Data Management function to support compliance.
- Identify requirements for data and the Data Management function.
- Align the requirements to the EDM Council DCAM® Framework – providing a compliance roadmap specific to the Data Management function of an organization.
impact assess DCAM v1 to v2 migration
Solidatus allows organisations to understand how DCAM version 2.1 has evolved from the previous version 1.3 and to gain enhanced version-to-version traceability.
Notably, the latest DCAM 2.1 framework streamlines the components from eight to seven and introduces new concepts such as machine learning, artificial intelligence and the ethical use of data.