The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Data lineage plays a vital role in GDPR by mapping the flow of data within an organization and allowing for full transparency on how it is used. Solidatus also facilitates awareness of the continued divergence between EU and UK GDPR, helping organizations understand the impact of regulatory change on their organization’s data privacy and data management compliance. The UK’s departure from the EU and GDPR impacts many former EU regulatory obligations. Managing these divergences efficiently will be essential for businesses transacting with the EU in the future.
GDPR clearly sets out seven key principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
- Purpose limitation
- Data minimization
- Storage limitation
- Integrity and confidentiality
Appropriate tooling is required to adhere to and facilitate the effectiveness of the principles to mitigate risk of personal data misuse. A solution that is both strategic and operational is required. A digital operational blueprint that allows an organization to be truly compliant, while enhancing the business’ use of data to meet its goals.
Solidatus allows organizations to adhere to all seven GDPR principles by providing a tool that can model GDPR data requirements against their data management capabilities and onto their people, processes and data. It provides an end-to-end holistic view of data governance and a more group-wide view of data sharing while remaining compliant.
Get your free sample lineage model and GDPR dossier
Solidatus for GDPR
By using Solidatus, an organization gains invaluable insight into their data landscape. It enables a business to visualize and analyze to better govern what data they hold, who has access to it and for what purpose, how it moves through their systems and how it changes over time.
The Solidatus Data Privacy Module provides:
- a digitized version of GDPR that enables an organization to directly link regulatory clauses against their processes, the people that interact with them and the data that is generated and utilized by them;
- the Solidatus Data Privacy Module also allows organizations to track changes in the regulation over time to automatically assess the impact of regulatory change;
- enables businesses to create a common taxonomy of several data privacy regulations such as CCPA, PDPA, LGPD, etc, to allow for simplification of implementation and reuse of regulatory work product. Organizations can additionally compare privacy regulations across several dimensions including scope and jurisdiction.
Visualize and map Metadata
Proactive approach to compliance
Solidatus enables companies to prove to the regulator that they are taking a proactive approach to GDPR by clearly documenting and auditing their data landscape and privacy impact assessment. Solidatus can quickly discover, document and share models, simplifying the process of being compliant.
Demonstrate PIA risk
- Allows for full auditability and transparency
- Immediate outcome reports and traceability
- Ability to assess the impact of future change
- Provides a ‘real-time’ snapshot of the organizational policies at play historically
- Integrates with other applications within the organization and provides reporting and multiple outputs
- Provides capability to digitize complex policies and map to multiple other organizational processes as well as external influencers
- User friendly and adaptable interface
- Requires limited resources to maintain a solution
Multi award-winning data lineage solution
Simple to use
The intuitive and simple web interface is easy to use and requires little or no training.
Solidatus is a browser-based application and it can be up and running in the cloud in minutes.
Import and export data between Solidatus and from other systems using the data connectors.
Identify missing data
Immediately start modeling and easily identify where additional discovery is required.
Accelerate discovery by sharing parts of the models to identified system experts to fill in the detail.
Create and share views
Easily share with management and colleagues for immediate feedback and approval.
Solidatus is used by some of the world’s largest organizations for:
Steps identitifed by the ICO to take now
Maximum fine (global revenue)
Companies need a Data Protection Officer
Became law on 25th May 2018
Accelerate your GDPR compliance
Solidatus unlocks the true business value behind data. A lineage-first approach enables organizations to connect and visualize data relationships across the enterprise, simplifying how they identify, access and understand them. With a reimagined, sustainable data foundation in place, organizations can mine actionable intelligence and solve complex problems to deliver transformational business results.
Solidatus is a member of the EDM Council.