In this webinar with the A-Team, we take a look at how firms implement data lineage, particularly when facing challenges presented by legacy systems, and how technology solutions used to build and automate enterprise lineage can solve these challenges.
Data lineage has rapidly evolved over the last few years. Where once it was just the technical connectivity of systems and data, it now enables us to evidence control and understand data, as well as drill down to people and obligations, by policy and regulations.
It's become crucial that people understand lineage as a business map not just a technical blueprint.
Data lineage is central to data quality, accuracy and access. It is also essential to understanding how data flows throughout an organisation, as well as how people across multiple jurisdictions are are using data. So how can a good data lineage solution help deliver significant and long-lasting business benefits?
Solidatus Co-Founder Philip Dutton sat down with the A-Team for a panel discussion with Legal & General, BNY Mellon, MarkLogic and Octopai to discuss the evolution and importance of data lineage, with these key takeaways:
- Critical: 90% of the audience agreed that Data Lineage is critical in delivering both business and operational benefits to their business - it was no wonder that finding the right data lineage tool has become a top priority.
- Evolution: Lineage is no longer just about the technical connectivity of systems, but now plays a significant role in business and regulatory requirements. It is about evidencing understanding and control over not just your data but how it interacts with people, process, and policy – it is about building a blueprint for the organisation.
- Accuracy: 78% of respondents indicated that accurate data lineage provided the most significant business and operational benefit to their organisation.
- Agility: Increased focus on regulation, change management, and transformation has led to a need to know what data you have and how it impacts your organisation in order to quickly make informed business and customer-based decisions.
- Automation: Start smart and get the right tools that integrate across your business and think about the benefits across multiple projects.
Watch the webinar Leveraging data lineage to deliver tangible business benefits to learn more: